04 July 2006

Happy Freaking Camper

Today, I scored. My most excellent husband came through for me and got me exactly what was on my birthday wish list. Did I mention it was my birthday??? I won't bore you with the non-knitting details, because I know that what will interest you most is that I am now the proud owner of a set of brand-new Denise Interchangeable Needles.

And I suppose this next part makes me a bad person, because even though I have several items in various states of progress already (Kittyville hat, Suss Cousins' mohair wrap, and the sweater I'm making my daughter for a KAL), I simply had to try out my new present. So I cast on for a kids' hat, using whatever was handy at my Mom's house (which turned out to be Caron One Pound 100% Acrylic No Dye Lot yarn--sigh).

Yarn snobbery aside, these needles are just amazing. I'm a better knitter already... I tried the trick where the right needle is sized to the appropriate gauge, but the left needle is the smallest of the bunch, and I can knit so fast. My stitches are uniform and beautiful. No photos to share--I would have to put down my knitting in order to get the camera!

I am so happy right now. I wish I could bottle this feeling. (And be able to apply it liberally the next time I realize I dropped a stitch about 43 rows ago.)

1 comment:

David T. Macknet said...

Envy. That's all. Just envy. 'Nuff said.