12 May 2006

Melty Lovey Feeling

So there hasn't been much knitting going on of late (having a full-time job, a part-time job, a birthday party to plan and hold, and teaching preschool are all getting in the way of Erica's Favorite Pastime).

But the other night, my husband was away on a business trip and my big girl, who just turned 4 this week, helped me put the little one down to bed. I told my oldest that we would have a short, 20-minute mommy time since I had been too busy to play with her earlier in the day. I figured we'd read a book or two, and maybe color a bit. When I got back from saying goodnight to the baby, J. had a plan. (She's very articulate.) She told me, “Mommy, I want to knit. And I want you to knit, too. We should get some yarn, and we will sit on the couch and we will knit and we will do it together”.

For the rest of my life, I’m going to get googley with love every time I remember this moment.

No comments: